The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Addiction and Recovery Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Center for On-Line Addiction
- Web of Addictions
- Adult Children of Alcoholics & Dysfunctional Families World Service Organization
- Families Anonymous
- Nar-Anon Family Groups
- National Association for Children of Addiction
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- FASD United – Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- ADDA – Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, NIMH
- ADHD Screening
- ADDitude Magazine- Inside the ADHD Mind
- ADHD 2.0
- CHADD- ADHD Support
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Mental Health Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Black Emotional and Mental Health (BEAM): BEAM is a training, movement building and grant making organization dedicated to the healing, wellness, and liberation of Black communities. BEAM envisions a world where there are no barriers to Black Healing.
- Toolkits & Education: graphics on accountability, self-control, and emotional awareness; journal prompts; articles on Black mental health
- Videos: trainings and webinars, recorded and available for free
- The Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation: changing the perception of mental illness in the African-American community by encouraging people to get the help they need; focuses on stigma/self-stigma reduction and building trust between Black people and the mental health field.
- Resource Guide: directory of mental health providers and programs that serve the Black community; includes therapists, support groups, etc, but also digital content, faith-based programs, educational programs, etc
- Therapy for Black Girls: online space encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls; referral tool to find a therapist in your area
- Therapist Directory: find trusted therapists that can help you navigate being a strong, Black woman; can search for in-office therapist by your location or virtual therapist.
- The Loveland Foundation: financial assistance to Black women & girls seeking therapy
- Therapy for Black Men:primarily a therapist directory for Black men seeking therapy; includes some resources and stories.
- Ebony’s My Therapy Cards:self-exploration card deck created by a Black female psychologist for other women of color; created with the intention of helping other women of color grow and elevate in the areas of emotional and mental health.
- Innopsych:InnoPsych’s mission is to bring healing to communities of color by changing the face and feel of therapy. They strive to make therapists of color more visible in the community by creating a path to wellness-themed business ownership; to make it faster (and easier) for people of color to match with a therapist of color; and to create a major shift in how communities of color (or POCs) view therapy.
- Safe Black Space: Safe Black Space is the umbrella under which various services are offered to address people of African ancestry’s individual and community reactions to cultural and racial trauma.
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
Divorce Support and Recovery
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- Change the Conversation: Dedicated to the prevention and healing of childhood sexual abuse
Talk and Text Hotlines
- Copline: 24-hour hotline for law enforcement only answered by retired officers trained to be peer listeners and provide support for law enforcement officers and their families at 800-267-5463.
- Crisis Text Line: 24/7 counseling support for first responders who are struggling with a mental health crisis and who text “BADGE” to 741741.
- Frontline Helpline: staff of former first responders who offer support for first responders and their family members affected by their traumatic experiences at 866-676-7500.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: network of local crisis centers that provides emotional support to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24/7 at 800-273-8255.
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: those experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters can call or text the 24/7, 365-day-a-year support line at 800-985-5990.
Grief and Loss
Resources for parents with terminal illness– lots of good resources here
Camp Jamie – local, excellent grief camps for kids
The Dougy Center– resource for grief
Loss of child and/or pet
Healthy Nutrition & Diets
- American Dietetic Association: Good nutrition supports health care providers’ overall health and can even give a boost to their immune systems.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) The USDA’s Nutrition.gov site offers resources for heathy living, including guidance on shopping for groceries, planning balanced meals and understanding the science of nutrition.
- UCLA’s ExploreIMA site created by the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine, ExploreIM offers advice on building healthy meals, living well and reducing stress.
- MyFitnessPal offers people ways to maintain healthy lifestyles by logging their meals and snacks.
- HealthyOut is a mobile app that allows you to track your meals, nutrition and weight while ordering healthy meals on the go.
- Innit by Shopwell allows users to create a profile and tailor their food choices based on their needs and lifestyle. The site also features recipes and guides to good nutrition and grocery shopping.
- YouAte is a “mindful food diary” app that lets users track the food they eat, their hunger levels and any emotions experienced at mealtime.
Hospitals and Treatment Facilities
- com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.
Mindfulness & Yoga
Practicing mindfulness can lessen anxiety and help health care providers focus on the present moment, rather than future worries or past experiences.
Headspace is a site that offers valuable information on how to reduce stress, be more active and sleep better.
Calm is an app that offers various resources on sleeping, meditating and relaxing successfully.
Insight Timer is an app that offers helpful information on how to get a good night’s sleep and avoid stress and anxiety.
Worry Watch is an app that allows users to record their worries and get possible solutions or evidence that the concern is validated.
Happify provides users with programs and tools to get through stressful situations.
Positive Magazine created a Spotify playlist of guided meditations designed to help with stress and anxiety.
This Spotify library offers a series of playlists of nature sounds, such as “Meditative Gentle Rain and Distant Thunder.”
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Pregnancy & Postpartum Resources
Postpartum Support International (PSI) offers free online support groups. 60-90 minutes long, includes a variety of topics and sharing time. They also have support for fathers, adoption, fertility, abortion, loss and more.
Additional Provider Directory: click here
Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts audio or hardcopy, for parents or non-parents great cbt based resource
Myself again audio or hardcopy, for either parent postpartum
Self-Confidence Strategies for Women hardcopy recommended
Raising Good Humans audio or hardcopy
Good Moms Have Bad Days audio or hardcopy
Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts hardcopy, illustrations and relatable content that can feel lighthearted
A Mothers Climb Out of Darkness audio or hardcopy, postpartum psychosis memoir
This Isn’t What I Expected audio or hardcopy
Intensive Parenting audio or hardcopy, Nicu parents
Finding Peace in the NIcu audio or hardcopy, Nicu parents
Becoming Us guide for couples before parenthood
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- National Center for PTSD
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
The VA offers PTSD Coach, an app that provides individuals with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with resources on getting the help they need.