Julie Hanson is an approved supervisor by the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors to LGPCs (Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor) and LCMFTs.
She is passionate about guiding beginning therapists in the process of discovering the tools and inner resources to practice their own unique style of therapy. Her additional training as an LCMFT (Licensed Clinical Marriage & Family Therapist), and as a 500 hour trained yoga therapist, provides supervisees with the opportunity to learn skills and approaches to working with couples and families, as well as strategies for bringing yoga into the therapy room.
Julie may be the supervisor for you if you….
- seek to further explore and develop best practices for trauma informed care
- are passionate about providing LGBTQIA informed and affirmative mental health care in a safe and inclusive environment.
- are dedicated to responding to the unique mental health challenges and needs of historically excluded or oppressed racial and ethnic groups identifying as BIPOC
- operate from a place of integrity and awareness of legal and ethical responsibilities as a counselor.
- engage in your own personal development and healing.
- pride yourself on being responsible with an attention to details.
- understand the deep and lasting value of investing in a high quality supervision experience.